[c-nsp] PA-POS-2OC3

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Nov 28 05:30:07 EST 2004

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 12:00:59PM +0200, Yasser Aly wrote:
>  I have a question here. If the total bandwidth points/bus exceeded the
> maximum. Will all the cards work - but with degraded performance -, or the
> card that needs extra resources than the bus can provide will not be
> detected from the beginning?

The router will warn you at bootup, but will use the cards normally.  If
one of the interface has very little traffic, you might not even see a
performance degradation.  If all interfaces try to run at line speed,
things will suffer, of course...

OTOH, if you contact TAC with a problem on this router, they might tell
you "this is an unsupported configuration, go away"...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de