[c-nsp] Sup2 12.2(18)SXD ip load-sharing

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Oct 1 15:12:59 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 11:43:08AM -0700, Bruce Pinsky wrote:
> | Here is my situation.  I have customers that NAT that also have multiple t1
> | to our Flex-Wan2 card.  Since they NAT I don't think per destination is a
> | good answer however when I try to configure per-packet I get:
>
> I would think the opposite.  I would want to see flows to a destination go
> out and come back in the same interface.  If you alternate between outbound
> interfaces, seems like you run a high risk of breaking connections due to
> lack of NAT state.

Shouldn't NAT state (on Cisco routers) be shared among all interfaces
configured as "ip nat outside", so that load sharing doesn't interfere
with NAT state?  (As long as no fancy route-map NAT configurations
with interface dependencies interfere, of course)

Of course it will not work if those T1s are terminated on different
customer-side routers.

gert
--
Gert Doering
Mobile communications ... right now writing from * Anissaras, Kreta *