[c-nsp] How to access cisco remotely when cpu 100%

Church, Chuck cchurch at netcogov.com
Sat Oct 2 19:23:55 EDT 2004

If you can stand a brief outage, you can have someone at the remote site
pull out the interface cable(s) that isn't/aren't facing you (IP
route-wise).  Unless you're a victim of a DOS, that'll probably drop the
CPU immediately.  Telnet in, grab a sh tech, and then have them put the
cable(s) back.  Might only be 15-30 seconds outage.  With this info, you
should be able to figure out the cause of the CPU issue.  I don't think
sh tech includes a sh log, so you might want to add that also.  A
scheduler allocate setting will probably help as well.

Chuck Church
Lead Design Engineer
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE
Netco Government Services - Design & Implementation Team
1210 N. Parker Rd.
Greenville, SC 29609
Home office: 864-335-9473
Cell: 703-819-3495