[c-nsp] OC12 on 6509..?

Alex Rubenstein alex at nac.net
Thu Oct 28 10:50:26 EDT 2004

Yes.

It's called:

Mod Ports Card Type                              Model              Serial No.
  9    4  2-port OC-12c POS SM                   OSM-2OC12-POS-SI   SAD063001FG

They come in two flavours, I believe, 2 port, and 4 port.

They are considered an OSM card, but do not require SFM. We run the one
above in a plain-jane Cat 6509 with Sup2/MSFC2/PFC2.

It regularly sees over 400 mb/s, and that is performed trivially.

12.1.23E1 is the one to have, for stability. This box consistently
aggregates about 700 mb/s (yes, not a lot, but at least enough to stretch
the hardwares' legs).