[c-nsp] Netflow reported utilization vs actual

Mark Borchers mborchers at igillc.com
Fri Sep 10 12:42:22 EDT 2004

I am also interested in seeing a rigorous answer to that
question.  It makes sense to me that the total flow volume
would be less than aggregate measurements due to:
1) Layer 2 overhead being ignored since netflow works at layer 3
2) Retransmitted traffic not showing up in netflow stats (?)

However, the gap between flow volume and aggregate volume that
I have observed seems slightly larger than the above would
account for.