[c-nsp] Looking for stable IPSEC 12.3 T IOS for 7400

Anton Yurchenko phila at cascopoint.com
Fri Sep 10 15:04:54 EDT 2004

Luan Nguyen wrote:

>I was evaluating 12.3.8T3 for 7206VXR.  Seems decent.  There are some
>bugs that prevent me from using it though.  If you could wait, I would
>suggest hold off one or two more weeks to get the lastest T train :)

Yes we tried this one, but also had problems many of the tunnels that
used to work with previous IOS failed to come up, so we too switched back.

On the side note. When doing a tunnel between Checkpoint 4.1 and IOS
IPSec. I cannot get it to work unless the crypto access-lists on both
sides are the same as the network behind the Checkpoint. Say remote side
has a 10.10.0.0/16 behind Checkpoint  and if I try so that only
10.10.10.0/24 or just 10.10.10.10/32 goes through the tunnel, it does
not work. I see a IPSEC Phase 2 SA mismatch in the logs. If we set it to
10.10.0.0/16 all works fine. This is only with Checkpoint 4.1 and it
happend already twice with diffrent sites. Anyone seen that happen?