[c-nsp] Importing specific routes from one VRF into another VRF

Michael Lyngbøl michael at lyngbol.dk
Mon Sep 13 05:01:03 EDT 2004

On 26.08.2004 13:11:06 +0000, Michael Lyngbøl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to import a couple of specific routes from one VRF (RD 123:2)
> into VRF FOO (RD 123:1)

[...]

> Any hints?

For the archive. Well, it is possible. Cisco is just doing it in a non
proper way.

ip vrf FOO
 rd 123:1
 import map FOO-IMPORT
 route-target export 123:1
 route-target import 123:1
 route-target import 123:2

If you change route-map FOO-IMPORT, eg. a prefix-list referenced, you'll
need to do the following:

 - remove the import map
 - change route-map FOO-IMPORT
 - clear ip route vrf FOO *
 - re-apply the import map

(or you could hard clear the vpnv4 BGP sessions, but this would also
flap other VRFs)

Enhancement request CSCec00694 is open to improve this.

BTW, I'm running sup720-3bxl w/ 12.2(18)SXD.

/Michael

--
Michael Lyngbøl -- michael at lyngbol dot dk
Network Architect, AS3292 TDC, IP·backbone