[c-nsp] 3750 switch stack

Gyebnár Krisztián gyebi at freemail.hu
Tue Apr 12 11:51:25 EDT 2005

Hi,

We have new 3750 switch stack (1 3750-16 and 5 3750-48);
These switches connected together into a big switch stack also 3750-16 is the stack master;

So, we test the stack with interrupt the stack members randomly(pull down the stackwise cable or power down/up the members:-), the results is very good:
if the switch has live connection to the stack master the forwarding capability is perfect.

If we fully pull down/reload the stack master, the remaining stack members elect a new stack master without any problem (forwarding interrupt).

BUT:

At the time, when the old stack master pull/power up again the all of stack members says: new stack master found and reboot for stack master election...

??? WHAT ???

and so all stack member (if i remember correctly: include the stack master ) do reload.

After this(2 min outage) i have fully functional stack again, but this way to elect new (the previuos old) stack master with reload the entire stack is (hmmm) very interesting.

Have anybody experience with this switch family (or stacking in live environment) ?

THX

Krisztián