[c-nsp] easy way to re-route sql traffic down alternate link?

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Tue Apr 12 14:42:31 EDT 2005

Well, actually if it's this simple you would just
PBR the traffic matching on an ACL on B for
the interface coming from 3 and redirect the traffic
to C.

You shouldn't have to anything special on C because
most likely the shortest path to A from C is not back
through B so once the traffic gets to C it will take
the normal path to A (C-A).

You'd have to do the same thing in reverse at A coming
back.

You could use SAA (now called IP SLA) and hook that in
to PBR so the PBR would fall back over to the B->A path
if C were to fail.

The GRE/route leaking really only works well if the servers
you are trying to reach are on a subnet by themselves and
and you cost them. Given the simplicity here I'd probably
just do straight PBR.

Rodney