[c-nsp] dynamic crypto maps and multiple endpoints?

Michael Markstaller mm at elabnet.de
Fri Apr 22 04:08:19 EDT 2005

No, IMHO there's no way to put two PSK with 0.0.0.0 in, this wouldn't also make much sense to have separate PSK's for the peers as anything with preshared is highly insecure anyway..
A better way would be to use certificates, we've a pretty bunch of classic crypto-map VPN's & dynamic peers with certificates running fine..

> How does the router match incoming IKE requests to isakmp keys?  Will
> it just try decrypting the IKE packets with both pre-shared
> keys, until
> it gets a match?
No

> How will it match the crypto map ACLs?  Just walk through the
> "dynamic map rtpmap" until it finds one where the ACL matches the
> SA proxy in the phase 2 proposal?

yes, this works fine as long as IKE comes up and you have no duplicate address-pairs in the crypto ACL's.
Use "ntp server <remote inside ip> source <local-inside-ip>" to pull the VPN permanently up..

Michael