[c-nsp] NAT Translations

Gary Roberton gary.ciscomail at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 09:44:32 EDT 2005

Hello all

We have a 7206VXR serving NAT duties for a few of our customers.  One
of them seems to have a virus spreading and is causing a lot of NAT
translations which is sending our routers processor through the roof!
I need to clear the nat translations manually periodically at the
moment.  I have set IP NAT TRANSLATION TIMEOUT to 10 seconds but the
translations never seem to clear on their own, has anyone seen this
nat not clearing before?  Or is there a way of setting a maximum
ceiling on dynamic nat overloaded on an interface.

Appreciate any help

Regs

Gary