[c-nsp] NAT Translations

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Fri Apr 22 09:53:40 EDT 2005

There are a bunch of hooks we put in to help protect
the box configured for NAT for this exact problem.

Take a look at:

http://cco/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00801d09f0.html

One bug I know of is:

CSCsa51150
Externally found severe defect: Resolved (R)
NAT translation not timing out correctly when a TCP session closes

fixed in:

12.2(28.8) 12.2(28) 12.3(12.12)

And another good one to have is:

ip nat translation max-entries all-host <X>

that was added via:

CSCec16330
Internally found moderate defect: Resolved (R)
Request ability to limit per user NAT entries

so it should be in 12.3(14)T.

Rodney