[c-nsp] Cayt 6009 EOBC Error causing 16 port GIGe to Shutdown

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Aug 2 13:20:58 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Dan Benson wrote:

> Yesterday I had an error on one of my Cat 6009's that cause a 16 port
> GIGe card to go into power down state.  I reseated the card with no
> avail. After issuing a set module power up <mod> the line card came back
> online and has been running ever sense.  I have had many problems with
> these cards much like this.  I have been researching the issue on the
> net and have not been about to come up with a reason for the outage.
> Does anyone have insight into this?  I am going to replace the card none
> the less but would love to know if I am going to have to expect this
> type of error on this platform in the future.  Thanks much.. //db
>
> Error in the Log:
>
> 8/1/2005,02:56:52: EobDetermineChannelMisbehavior:EOBC on module 2 is
> faulty. Module powered down!

Could be a code bug.  A search of Cisco's bug toolkit didn't turn up anything
useful, but it was not an exhaustive search.

The issues you had in the past, were they with the same physical chassis,
or was there any commonality with the chassis slots that failed?  Did you
try the same card in another slot in the same chassis?

In the end, you'll probably need to open a case with the TAC if you have
support on this switch.

jms