[c-nsp] CBAC - SIP & MSN Messenger

Brian Stiff (bstiff) bstiff at cisco.com
Thu Aug 18 10:51:51 EDT 2005

> On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 10:32:25PM -0400, Paul Stewart wrote:
> > They pointed me to that whitepaper which I had already read
> and told the
> > guy at Cisco that is just simple doesn't work.... So why?  No answer
> > yet....

Can you unicast me the SR#?  I'll catch up with the engineer.  I can
work with you on the SIP problem as well.

> hi paul.
>
> if you read the white paper and studies the 'port-misuse' command a
> bit more closely, you will notice that the only instant
> messaging application
> supported in 12.3(14)t is yahoo! messenger.

Yep.  Thanks for pointing that out.  Should I update the doc to make
this limitation more apparent?

> so, probably tac is a bit misinformed as well :-| you can always file
> a feature request, and hope it will get implemented before 12.5 ;-)

Don't bother.  You'll be seeing something sooner, in two phases.

We have a plan to bring the TAC guys up to speed on app inspection, as
well as other FW changes.  However, the guy that's doing it has been
busy supporting TAC escalations lately.

Regards,
Brian

Brian Stiff