[c-nsp] HSRP and DHCP

Eric Helm helmwork at ruraltel.net
Tue Aug 23 08:56:54 EDT 2005

I've got a scenario where a client currently has a single 2811 router
acting as the Internet gateway and DHCP server for their network.
They have asked to add another router for redundancy. My thoughts are to
run HSRP, however, how will that affect the DHCP server? Is there a way
to make a DHCP server in IOS inactive unless it is the active router in
HSRP? Or, should I just configure a DHCP server on each router with
non-overlapping IP Pools?
Or, is there a better way to acheive redundancy in my situation?

Thanks,
Eric