[c-nsp] HSRP and DHCP

David Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Tue Aug 23 10:18:12 EDT 2005

Both DHCP servers will respond to the client request. The client will accept
the first one received. The router will ping addresses from its available
pool until it finds an available one to lease. This can be less then
optimal. So it would be better to do leases on both that are distinct and
separate from each other, but you have to make sure that each has enough
address space to support all users.

David

--
David C Prall dcp at dcptech.com http://dcp.dcptech.com