[c-nsp] Cisco equipment and Wyse Rapport/Thin Clients - Might be abit off topic

Bryan Scott sirbryan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 11:26:40 EST 2005

 > Our current setup is something like this:
 >

 > Cisco 4507R Core Switch -----> MS Windows 2003 Server (DHCP, DNS, WINS)
 > VLAN 100
 > Cisco 3550 Switch VLAN 10 ----> MS Windows 2003 Server (Rapport) VLAN 10
 > - Static IP
 > Cisco 3550 Switch VLAN 10
 > Cisco 3550 Switch VLAN 10 ---> Wyse Thin Client VLAN 10 - DHCP IP

I had a similar problem yesterday.  We have several 3550's using VLAN
trunking across mostly OC3 circuits except at one location, where the
trunk rides an Ethernet to DS3 bridge.

It turns out that the problem (I suspect) has to do with the packet size
of the 802.1q trunks going over the DS3 bridge.  Once I moved the
gateway IP address to one of the switch/routers on the same side of the
DS3 as the client was, thus changing from switching to routing through
the DS3, everything worked.

Are all the connections between the switches Cat5 or fiber?  Any MTU
issues on any of the trunk interfaces?

-- Bryan