[c-nsp] 7206VXR for DSL Termination

james edwards hackerwacker at cybermesa.com
Fri Dec 2 12:14:23 EST 2005

> 2) preference of which OC3 ATM card in the 7206

We do all our DSL agg on 7206 NPE-400's. The major gripe I have is with the
SAR limits on the A3
series of PA's. They support up to 1024 simultaneous SAR sessions. Given
this we config no more than 1500
PVC's per PA, given that at any time 80% of my users are logged on, many are
idle, and everyone does not need a SAR
session at the same time. 1500 DSL PVC's does not near reach pps or mbps
limits on my PA-A3-T3's. A6 series SAR
limits are 2000 simultaneous. I would guess I could do 3000 PVC's with an A6
which would come closer to the pps or
mbps limits of a T3 PA.

James
Routing and Security Administrator
At the Santa Fe Office: Cyber Mesa Telecom
jamesh at cybermesa.com  noc at cybermesa.com
http://www.cybermesa.com/ContactCM
(505) 795-7101