[c-nsp] Dialup with MPLS

Ian Henderson ianh at chime.net.au
Sat Dec 17 06:00:03 EST 2005

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Jon Lewis wrote:

> I briefly looked into doing this some time ago, and IIRC, there were no
> AS5300 (would have been for 5396 or 53192) IOS versions that supported
> MPLSVPN.  Has that changed?

Possible, yes. Supported, no. We're doing this using 5300's and 5400's
running 12.2(15)T11 Enterprise Plus. This is the newest stable code that
MPLS still works.

Despite the network actually working surprisingly well, we're moving
toward L2TP for dial users soon to make the network less complex. Running
MPLS on some 7200/7300/10k's is a lot easier than on a few hundred NASes.

Rgds,

- I.

--
Ian Henderson, CCIE #14721