[c-nsp] PCMCIA flash help

Burton Windle bwindle at fint.org
Wed Feb 9 09:27:17 EST 2005

Is there some trick to getting a PCMCIA flash card working in IOS? I have
an older 16mb Viking flash card that isn't playing nice. When I insert it
into a 3600, I get this on my console:

Flash card inserted. Reading filesystem...
%Error: PCMCIA Slot0 flash bank 0 chip 0 unknown, chip id 0x0    (reversed = 0x0   )
%Error: PCMCIA Slot0 flash initialization failed

The card appears somewhat readable, as IOS can tell how big it is:

PCMCIA Slot0 flash directory:
No files in PCMCIA Slot0 flash
[0 bytes used, 16777212 available, 16777212 total]
16384K bytes of processor board PCMCIA Slot0 flash (Device not programmable)

I've tried with both 12.2(24) and 12.2(27) with no luck. Is the card
likely bad, or I am missing something?

Burton Windle                           bwindle at fint.org