[c-nsp] OSPF distribute problem

M.Palis security at cytanet.com.cy
Tue Jan 18 09:55:14 EST 2005

Dear all

We are facing a problem  with OSPF distribute routes. We have a C7400
routers  where we redistribute some  routes to the OSPF and then to  a C7507
router. The C7507 router does not install the routes to the routing table. I
check the show ip ospf database  of the C7507 and the routes are existing
there but not on the routing table. I believe that the problem is on the
C7507 since we try various IOS on the 7400 and other routers can see the
OSPF distribute routes that the C7400 redistributes.

Their is no problem with my configuration since When the IOS of the 7400 is
122-4(B8) OSPF works fine. We need to upgrade to a newest version due to
some issues we have with access-lists

Also note that when we change the IOS on the 7400 to 12-3(10b), the router
was much faster than it was with the previous IOS which was 122-4(B8)

We did not change the IOS on the 7507 since is our core router and it is
difficult to change it.(rsp-k91pv-mz.122-14.S7.bin)

Did anybody faces a similar situation? I know their was a bug concerning the
above with some old  IOS but it does not affect the IOS that we have

Any help will be appreciated