[c-nsp] Re: OSPF distribute problem

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Jan 19 06:48:03 EST 2005

> I checked the documents. Problem is with the IOS since changing the
> IOS on the Cisco7400 the routes are inserted on the routing table of
the
> C7513.

Ok, and did you find out if the RIB installation fails due to
"incorrect" FA?

> My configuration is simple. Just a C7513 and a C7401 connected
> via Ethernet and running OSPF between them. I am redistributing static
router to ospf
> on the C7401. The static router appear on the ospf database of the
C7513 but
> not on the routing table
>
> sh ip ospf database | incl 192.168.1.1
> 192.168.1.1  192.168.2.1  131         0x80000023 0x00378C 0

Hmm, not enough data to tell.. We'd need to see "show ip ospf data
external 192.168.1.1" and the config on the 7401.

> sh ip route 192.168.1.1Routing entry for 192.168.1.0/24
>   Known via "static", distance 1, metric 0 (connected)
>   Advertised by bgp XXX
>   Routing Descriptor Blocks:
>   * directly connected, via Null0
>       Route metric is 0, traffic share count is 1
>

> static route to null 0 is on the C7513 for BGP purposes.

ack.

> In case I change the IOS of the 7401 ro 122-4(B8) (and no changes on
> C7513) everything works fine but we are faceing some other issues with
MTU
> which are solved by updading IOS.

Does the OSPF DB entry for this LSA differ in any way when comparing the
different IOS on the 7401?

	oli