[c-nsp] Re: Strange error on Cat65 MSFC

John Neiberger John.Neiberger at efirstbank.com
Wed Jan 19 10:31:08 EST 2005

Yikes. You have a Cat 6500 and you don't have a contract on it? You're
either very brave or your employer has lots of extra cash lying around
to pay for software upgrades and spare hardware.

John

>>> Jason Koh <kohtohshyr at pacific.net.sg> 1/18/05 11:01:42 PM >>>
I can't find anything in the CCO as well. I wanted to open a TAC case
but I don't have a contract agreement with Cisco.

<cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>
> Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Re: Strange error on Cat65 MSFC
>
> On 1/18/05 7:42 PM, "Jason Koh" <kohtohshyr at pacific.net.sg> wrote:
>
> > Oh dear, silly me, forgot to attach it.
> >
> > Jan 19 11:39:51.362 SGT: %MSFC2-3-MISTRAL_BAD_PAK: Possibly
un-encapsulated
> > packet passed to Mistral: int Vlan119, type 103, stat 0x210048,
flags 0x0,
> > size 77, offset 58, total 2747320927
> > -Traceback= 4029DBBC 40203954 4010AF98 40922A50 40922AD8 40922C7C
40231DFC
> > 40231DE8
> >
> PIM?  Is someone (or you) running multicast on that particular VLAN?
All of
> the Cisco stuff related to MISTRAL errors recommends a TAC case, as
does a
> Traceback under any circumstances.
>
> Anyone care to share what the MISTRAL ASIC is and or does?  I did the
usual
> poking and prodding around CCO but can't find an architectural
reference for
> that particular ASIC.
>
> Mike

Jason Koh
Senior Network Engineer
Pacific Internet Ltd

The information contained in this electronic communication and any document attached hereto or transmitted herewith is confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any examination, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or any part thereof is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy this communication.  Thank you.