[c-nsp] RPR+ on Cisco 7513

Dan Benson dbenson at swingpad.com
Fri Jan 21 15:49:46 EST 2005

Hello, I am trying to get rpr+ running on a few of my 7513's and am not
having any luck.  I have tried about 10 different versions of code that
support this feature without any luck.  The issue I am seeing is show
redundancy comes up perfectly, but when I force a switch my VIP modules
go down and do not come back up until I switch back to the other RSP and
reload the box.  I have also tried SSO with the same results.  I am sure
I am doing something wrong.  Any ideas?

         System config: Cisco 7513, VIP 4-50's,  RSP4+ with 256 MB
Ram.   IOS: Version 12.2(18)S7

               Thanks.  //db

Router#sho redundancy
Redundant System Information :
------------------------------
      Available system uptime = 5 minutes
Switchovers system experienced = 0
             Standby failures = 1
       Last switchover reason = none

                Hardware Mode = Duplex
   Configured Redundancy Mode = rpr-plus
    Operating Redundancy Mode = rpr-plus
             Maintenance Mode = Disabled
               Communications = Up

Current Processor Information :
-------------------------------
              Active Location = slot 6
       Current Software state = ACTIVE
      Uptime in current state = 3 minutes
                Image Version = Cisco Internetwork Operating System
Software
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Compiled Tue 23-Nov-04 14:03
                              Configuration register = 0x2102

Peer Processor Information :
----------------------------
             Standby Location = slot 7
       Current Software state = STANDBY COLD
      Uptime in current state = 0 minutes
                Image Version = Cisco Internetwork Operating System
Software
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Compiled Tue 23-Nov-04 14:03
                                          CONFIG_FILE =