[c-nsp] Another ADM Question - OC12's

Richard J. Sears rsears at americanIS.net
Tue Jan 25 13:32:15 EST 2005

Hey Everyone -

I have read through the threads concerning ADMs as opposed to Routers
and I need a little bit more insight from those of you that may already
be doing this.

As someone else stated - I am very new to ADM and OC service in general.

I have a Data Center in one city that I will be connecting to equipment
in another city via two OC12s. I would like to transport customer T1s,
PRI, DS3s, OC3, Fast E and Gig E over these two OC12s.

What I want to do is to be able to take in T1's, PRI's, DS3s
(channelized and clear channel both) OC3's, and ethernet (gig and fe),
mux them across the two OC12's, and then break them out on the other
side back into their respective input types.

I do not need to do any IP at this level as I have 12000's and 6509's to
handle that at both ends, but I do need to be able to hand my customers
anything from T1, PRI, DS3, etc at both ends and have it traverse the
OC12s.

Eventually I will add additional OC12s to provide additional capacity,
but at this point I am going to start with 2.

I was thinking than an ONS 15454 may be the route to go, but I want to
make sure it can do what I need it to do.

If the ONS box is the best route - does anyone know if they are
available on the used market..?

Thanks In Advance !!

Richard J. Sears
Vice President
American Internet Services
rsears at adnc.com
http://www.adnc.com
858.576.4272 - Phone
858.427.2401 - Fax
INOC-DBA - 6130

I fly because it releases my mind
from the tyranny of petty things . .

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've
never been hurt and dance like you do when nobody's
watching."