[c-nsp] 2811 router doesn't recognize T-1 WICs?

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Wed Jan 26 10:52:41 EST 2005

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 10:46:29AM -0500, Dave Temkin wrote:
> FWIW, I've had nothing but great success with the 2811's/2821's (and
> 3845's) thus far.  I've got a couple of the WIC-1DSU's, but mostly have
> VWIC-2MFT-T1's and they work flawlessly thus far.  I have about 20 T1's in
> production using them.
>
> They can be had on eBay for $170, so you might want to consider to
> swapping to those instead of switching platforms.  Seems like the -V2's
> have more production problems than they're worth because they're new.

Buying on eBay doesn't pay my salary and if I don't get any
money I can't work here and if I don't work here I can't
help you as much. :)   /*a little humor*/

> Only complaint I have thus far on the 28xx is that when you do a write mem
> it can cause ISIS adjacencies to flap if the hello-interval is set to
> minimal.  Still need to get a ddts opened on that.

Can you tell me how low you set the timers?

Try tweaking this down by increments of 20
and see if it helps:

201_(config)#process-max-time ?
  <20-200>  The number of millisecs before voluntary suspend

Let me know if that helps you.

Basically a process can run for 200 msec before doing
a voluntary suspend.  If your timers are too low you
can't process them fast enough.

The answer to this will be BFD.

Rodney