[c-nsp] AS5400 CNAM

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Thu Jul 14 14:39:06 EDT 2005

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Kevin Warwashana wrote:

> I am currently using 5ESS.  Is there any additional configuration that needs
> to be done on the 5400 to support this feature?

It should just work.  But you will probably have to option the switch
and the AS5400 to NI-2.  NI-2 is (or should be) available on a 5ESS
switch.  Does "debug isdn q931" show that the switch is sending CNAM
to you?

Also, what is the problem that you're trying to solve?  Displaying
inbound CNAM from PSTN callers on IP phones, or sending CNAM to the
PSTN and having it displayed on the remote phone?

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay at west.net
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  -  http://www.netlojix.com/