[c-nsp] T1 to VLAN

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Wed Jun 1 15:43:01 EDT 2005

> The VLX300 by White Rock (WANPort by Seranoa) looks like it will do
> what I
> need (it is a bit pricy at $20k for the base box), but it takes a
> channelized T3, I get T1s. A box that would take the T1s, backhaul
> them
> over fibre and deliver from fibre to the VLX300 in DS3 form, all in a
> 1U format and cheap.

The VLX300 takes 12 DS-3s in via coax (12 coax pairs, SMB connectors)
You can use a Carrier Access Corp Widebank 28 to turn 28 DS-1s into 1
channlized DS-3 and feed that DS-3 into your VLX300.  Then take the
GigE from the VLX300 and feed it into a GigE router port and create a
sub interface per DS-1

-Matt

--
Matthew S. Crocker