[c-nsp] Tell me if I am in the right place or if I need to go somewhere else...... Like others have done.

David Buechner djb at beaconnetworking.com
Tue Mar 15 09:24:20 EST 2005

Joe,

If you want, forward your current config (capture the output of 'show
running-config') from your switch and I'll give you a few pointers.

That said a possible "solution in the blind":  It's been quite a while
since I had 2948G-L3s, but if I remember correctly the ports come up as
layer 3 ports by default.  The first thing you want to do is put a config
statement in each interface which just says 'switchport' which will tell
the device to use the port as a layer 2 switch port.  Port 48 could be used
this way as well.  If you still wish to telnet to the switch you could
create a 'bvi' or 'vlan' (I forget which for this model) interface and
assign an IP address to it.

My 2948G-L3 experience was the first time I did a multi-layer switch.  It
can be a mind-expanding experience!  :-)

David