[c-nsp] VRF's

David Sinn dsinn at dsinn.com
Tue Mar 15 16:24:49 EST 2005

You are probably running into a ARP problem.

At least on the 6500/7600 in this config, the router will reject ARP
requests between the two VRF's because it believes it is seeing an ARP
from itself.  While that is true, the code isn't taking into account
the addition of VRF's.

At this point in time, static ARP's are the only work around.
CSCdu28706 is the DDTS for the defect at least on the 6500/7600
platform.

Since ARP isn't required on serial interfaces, there isn't this
conflict on the E3 interfaces you got working.

David