[c-nsp] Converting ATM to VLAN

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Wed Mar 16 19:06:00 EST 2005

As Gert said ATM bridging on routers can be strange at times.

I ran into a similiar issue when bridging 1483 Ethernet traffic between
two ATM OC3s on a 7206 (Don't ask) and using a BVI for mgmt. The
config would work for several hours to a day and then fail. Turned out it
was a bad ATM OC3 PA. One PVC on the bad OC3 PA would get wedged and you
could see the drop counters incrementing with "show atm pvc ...".

Clinton Work	clinton at scripty.com
Calgary, AB