[c-nsp] rate limiting multicast

John Kristoff jtk at northwestern.edu
Thu Mar 17 10:27:35 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:13:08 +0100 (CET)
"Mikael Carlander" <rip at kth.se> wrote:

> By rate limiting in fixed numbers, multiple different types of attacks can
> be used in order to overwhelm the RP. Instead I was hoping to find a way
> of rate limiting by percentage of CPU-utilisation,
> buffer-memory-utilisation or similar.

I haven't gotten around to putting in the Cisco-specific knobs, but
you might find this helpful:

  <http://aharp.ittns.northwestern.edu/papers/mcast-template.html>

Anyone who can send me some good Cisco examples they are using, please
make note of your code rev, feel free to forward them to me and I'll
incorporate your info as appropriate.  That'll save me some time.

John