[c-nsp] snmp traffic stats - dot1q subinterfaces

Tim Franklin tim at colt.net
Thu Mar 17 11:11:38 EST 2005

Hi Vic,

> >> I'm getting invalid results from our cisco 7500 and 7600 routers.
> >

> > All bets are off for LAN cards on the 6500/7600's, and as others
>
> We are using LAN cards.

At least IME and on the advice we've had, you'll have much better odds of
getting correct stats if you use VLAN interfaces and set the ports as
trunked switchports, rather than trying to configure L3 sub-interfaces
directly on the ports.

Regards,
Tim.

____________   Tim Franklin                 e: tim at colt.net
\C/\O/\L/\T/   Product Engineering Manager  w: www.colt.net
 V  V  V  V    Managed Data Services        t: +44 20 7863 5714
                                            f: +44 20 7863 5876