[c-nsp] still cable pinout trouble ...

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Tue Mar 29 13:22:14 EST 2005

Sounds like you need a WIC-1E, but these WIC cards only work in the 1700
series, AFAIK.

E1 and T1 are two different beasts requiring different hardware.

At 01:10 PM 3/29/2005, Florian Taeger wrote:
>I'm not quite sure, if I gave you the right description of the line.
>
>The fact is, a 2600 with a 1CE1B Interface does work fine. I thought
>the WIC-1T
>is quite the same, but at a wic-slot?
>
>The line I want to use is a german S2M (2MBit line) ... I think it is called
>X.21 - but I'm not quite sure.
>
>I know that I do have to configure timeslots 1-31 with this 1CE1B module.
>
>Puh ... now I'm really in trouble ... I need this line to get up until
>tomorrow
>... narf ... seems like I'm going to use a cisco 2600 with a 1CE1B interface
>until I got the correct wic module ... damn.
>
>Thanx anyway!
>
>Regards
>
>Florian
>

>Quoting Pete Templin <petelists at templin.org>:
>
> > Florian Taeger wrote:
> >
> >> I still got this #+$&%§ problem with connecting a WIC-1T Module to a
> leased
> >> line.
> >
> > Won't work.
> >
> >> The end of the line is a RJ-45 Connector with pins 1&2 (RX) and 4&5 (TX).
> >
> > Yep, with some sort of T1 or E1 framing & coding.
> >
> >> But I still don't know how to connect this line to my wic-1t.
> >
> > Won't work.
> >
> >> I know the rj45-pinout. And I think i know the pinout for the db60
> >> connector at
> >> the WIC-1T: Pins 11&12 are TX and 28&27 are RX (at a DTE cable) ..
> >
> > WIC-1T is outputting (and expecting to input) serial bits.
> >
> >> But if I connect the RJ45 cable with the DB60 connector, the line
> >> does not work.
> >> If I use a cisco 2600 with an 1CE1B module (DB15 connector) this line
> works
> >> properly. So it is supposed to be a problem with the wiring of my adapter
> >> cable.
> >
> > Need CSU/DSU (or replace WIC-1T with WIC-1DSU-T1 or WIC-1DSU-E1 if it
> > exists and you need E1) in the middle to connect these.  Network
> > devices 101.
> >
> > pt

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear" --
Mark Twain