[c-nsp] any way to identify DFC on my 6500 linecards?

David Sinn dsinn at dsinn.com
Thu May 12 14:19:13 EDT 2005

No, the box default to lowest-common-denominator so the system in
question is really in PFC3A mode.  Since in my box I have a DFC3A in
the first slot, the Sup (slot 5) downgrades it's performance when it
boots:

*May 12 17:52:50.593 UTC: %OIR-SP-6-DOWNGRADE_EARL: Module 5 PFC
installed is not identical to system PFC and will perform at current
system operating mode.

Also, you should note that in some circumstances the Sup will not
power on a card that had a lower DFC then the system PFC is....  I
have not pursued all of the why's and where-fore's around this (maybe
Ian can comment), but I have found that inserting a card after the
chassis with a PFC3BXL in it has booted resulted in the DFC3A card
remaining powered down.  I have yet to see this when I've cleanly
rebooted a box, only inserting a card after the chassis has been up
and running.

So the safest mode you can run in is with the same DFC's as you have
for your PFC!  :)

David