[c-nsp] Standalone Web Site/Web Page Monitoring Device (SNMP Capable)

William Chu william_w_chu at hotmail.com
Sun May 15 18:47:56 EDT 2005

Hi:

This may be off topic.

I am looking for a standalone web Site/web page monitoring device
(snmp capable). Does anyone know if such device exists in the market
today?

What I am looking for is a standalone device (e.g.
like an appliance) that can be deployed at a remote
location to monitor specific web sites and/or web
pages. If the monitored web site/page becomes
unavailable the device would then generate a SNMP trap
to a network management station to alert the
operators.

Thanks in advance,

William