[c-nsp] Bridging on Routers

Raj Panchal raj.panchal at vsnl.co.in
Wed May 18 04:02:31 EDT 2005

Dear All,

I am trying to do bridging using a Cisco Router. I have two interface on my
router I want to configure this two interface in such a way that it only
bridge pppoe frames through this interfaces.

G0/1 is connected to my PPPoE server , where as G0/2 is connected to my
switch where my customers are connected. I have created ACL 200 which allows
only PPPoE discovery and pppoe session frames .

Below is the configuration , can any body verify the same and suggest any
thing to meet my requirements . Also if somebody has tried the same pls do
let me know.

interface GigabitEthernet0/1

 description **** Test interface ****

 ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y