[c-nsp] Cisco Gigabit Ethernet Switch Module (CGESM) for the HPBladeSystem

lists at hojmark.org lists at hojmark.org
Sun Oct 2 03:18:26 EDT 2005

> Any one having experience with use of HPs CGESM module ?

I have a customer with about a dozen of them in production.

> Support isues

Well, support is from HP, not Cisco, which can potentially be
a pain when it's a Cisco product. But I haven't actually needed
it.

> Product stability

OK.

> Advantes

A natural way of integrating blade switches in a Cisco network.

> disadvantes

Software features and fixes lag behind the parent Cisco product
(~ 2970).

Price.

> recommendations

Go with it! They're a lot better than the other two switches you
can get for the BladeSystem.

-A