[c-nsp] MLPPP and ip load-sharing per-packet

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Oct 10 08:37:59 EDT 2005

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005, Rodney Dunn wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 10:59:40AM -0400, Jon Lewis wrote:
>> I recently converted a group of CEF T1s (ip load-sharing per-packet) to
>> MLPPP, but forgot to remove the ip load-sharing per-packet from the
>> individual T1s.  Does that command "do anything" when the circuits it's
>> applied to are members of a multilink group?
>
> Nope. But please remove all commands from the member link T1's.

I suspected not, as it wouldn't make much sense, but we were still having
some issues with VOIP over the the Mu1 interface, so I did go ahead and
remove those.  I suppose it could be that we have brief traffic spikes
high enough that I either need more bandwidth or a service-policy giving
VOIP traffic preferential treatment over the Mu1.