[c-nsp] NAT configuration

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Oct 10 12:24:33 EDT 2005

Not really sure which problem you want to address. You have two public
addresses and want to share the translations between both addresses? The
problem is that NAT (rather: PAT) configured with a pool will exhaust
all ports of the first address in the pool before using the 2nd one, so
just as Primoz wrote, you will likely end up using the first address for
almost all translations.
load-sharing between all addresses is a valid request, but currently
there is no real solution.
You might work around this using two pools (each with one address) and
then use route-maps or ACLs to use one pool for some and the other for
other connections (like odd and even src/destination networks, etc.).

	oli