[c-nsp] EIGRP and OSPF

Brad Swanson lakepepin at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 11 09:47:06 EDT 2005

The overall config:

Standard Cisco three tier design - core/dist/access.

OSPF with three areas, but NO area 0.  OSPF is used for a very basic IBM
mainframe OSPF implementation.

All IBM MF's land on the same L2 access swt with the OSPF happening at the
dist layer for ALL OSPF areas.

All routes from OSPF are redist. into the network-wide routing protocol
EIGRP.

What I want to be able to do is limit the routes learned from the MF's to
xxxx since I do not have control over the devices sending me routes.  Is
what I have below gonna get me where I want to be?  Again, I do not want
devices participating in OSPF NOT in their area to learn other routes from
other OSPF devices.  Do devices in area 112 have to go into EIGRP to get to
devices in area 122?

router ospf 132
log-adjacency-changes
network 10.116.110.0 0.0.1.255 area 112