[c-nsp] Switch Recommendations

Brant I. Stevens branto at branto.com
Thu Oct 13 19:54:08 EDT 2005

For a network of that size, you could use several 3750s...  The 3750-12G, as
its name implies, will give you 12 ports for the MDF (in SFP format).

There are several 2900 series switches (2950, 2970?) that would fit the bill
for the IDFs, you could also use 3750s there as well.  I would go for the
3750s, as they are capable of supplying IEEE 802.3af PoE to the WAPs. (not
sure if the 29xx switches will offer PoE.)

There are also new Catalyst switches (500 series) that could be used, but I
don't have any familiarity with them.

HTH,
Brant.