[c-nsp] Small Router/Switch for a small site?

Paul Stewart pstewart at nexicomgroup.net
Thu Oct 13 20:30:20 EDT 2005

"Not much - number of ports? ;-) The managed switch ports are probably
the better way to go - more flexibility. Plus, the 1811 will do about
35Mb/s... I was playing with the 1801W the other day and it was quite
good for the price."

Not questioning the statement.. But will an 1811 do *real-world* 35Mb/s
or so?  We have some 3640's in production right now that are taking a
beating pushing 12Mb/s (inbound trunked VLAN's terminated on one
ethernet and 2 outbound ospf load balanced links).... CPU hits 80% at
12Mb/s

So, the 1811 would be an awesome replacement.... But will it work?

Thanks,

Paul Stewart
IP Routing/Switching
Nexicom Inc.