[c-nsp] 877 routers and HSRP/VRRP

Jon Allen Boone ipmonger at delamancha.org
Sat Oct 15 06:51:29 EDT 2005

Brett,

   Does traffic route successfully through the HSRP/VRRP routers?
Since arp is working correctly, then traffic routing should be fine.

   Can you ping something on the "backside" of the routers?  I'd
suspect some kind of filter blocking icmp echo/reply on the 877s
themselves.  That might be why you can ping the virtual IP from the
master, as the filter would be by-passed on the master device itself.

--jon