[c-nsp] Memory leak

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Mon Oct 17 13:26:48 EDT 2005

I would look at the Holding column rather than Allocated. Example below
is from a 3745 running IOS 12.3.

Router#show proc mem | inc TCP|Hold
  PID TTY  Allocated      Freed    Holding    Getbufs    Retbufs Process
   71   0          0     100388      12852          0        640 TCP Timer
   72   0     229828          0      14352          0          0 TCP Proto
  129   0      55764          0       6852          0          0 TCP Listener

The CCO has a pretty good document on troubleshooting memory leaks.

Troubleshooting Memory Problems
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/63/mallocfail.shtml

Clinton Work	clinton at scripty.com
Calgary, AB