[c-nsp] No "ping atm" command in 12.2-xx.Sxx

james edwards hackerwacker at cybermesa.com
Mon Oct 24 21:09:01 EDT 2005

I was hoping to move my DSL agg routers to 12.2S IOS but have discovered
there is no "ping atm interface pvc seg/end-loopback" utility in 12.2-18 or
12.2-25, S train. The TAC Software Advisor is confusing on this issue, it
lists both "atm ping" and "atm oam ping" which are described as the same
thing. It lists "atm oam ping" as only available in 12.0. Searching for "atm
ping" yeilds no IOS as matched.I have used it for some time in 12.2T.

This feature is a must have, it is a quickest way to prove the cross connect
is wrong on a DSL circuit or there is a layer 3 problem on any ATM circuit.
I do a lot of ATM to FR internetworking an this command is very helpful in
troubleshooting the ATM side of a circuit.  Going to 12.3 is not an option.
How would I go about getting this command included in 12.2S ?

James
Routing and Security Administrator
At the Santa Fe Office: Cyber Mesa Telecom
jamesh at cybermesa.com  noc at cybermesa.com
http://www.cybermesa.com/ContactCM
(505) 795-7101