[c-nsp] Same PE as global next-hop for VRF route

Everton da Silva Marques everton at lab.ipaccess.diveo.net.br
Wed Oct 26 07:38:11 EDT 2005

Everton da Silva Marques wrote:

> Oliver Boehmer wrote:
> >
> > BTW: In recent IOS, you can import global routes into the VRF
> > dynamically
> > (http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122sb/newft
> > /122sbc27/fs_bgivt.htm).. not sure if this helps..
>
> Hmmm, I think it may help. Thank you, Oliver!

Then again, that feature seems too much restricted
to meet our need:

  - A maximum of 5 VRF instances per router can be
    created to import IPv4 prefixes from the global
    routing table.

Would the ability to use a global address of the
local PE as global next-hop for VRF routes be
a reasonable feature request?

BTW, can anyone shed some light on the meaning of
the following statement? What is it a VPNv4 VRF?
I mean, how does one distinguish a VPNv4 VRF
from a non-VPNv4 VRF...? Any pointers?

  - IPv4 prefixes imported into a VRF using this
    feature cannot be imported into a VPNv4 VRF.
                                      ^^^^^^^^^

Thanks,
Everton