[c-nsp] Cisco CEF "Encap_fail"

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Mon Oct 31 08:21:48 EST 2005

We record an Encap_fail for a stalled adjacency. That means
that we punted the first packet and arp'd for it.
While waiting on the response any subsequent packets are dropped
by rate limiting to the processor.

You can turn on: debug ip cef drop and see 'em.

Or check your arp table for incomplete entries is the most common
place to look.