[c-nsp] Frame Circuit Not Cooperating

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Wed Sep 14 23:17:07 EDT 2005

The problem isn't detecting the smartjack is bad.  I already know that.
The problem is getting the telco to agree that it is bad.  In any case
your suggestion is incomplete since you first have to hard loop
the T1 port on the router with a loopback plug, do your pinging,
to make sure your own CSU is not bad, THEN you can have the
telco loop to you.  Even so, it's pointless since the Telco will just
keep insisting that it's your CSU/Wiring/planetary alignment/cosmic
rays, or about anything else possible to avoid having to send a tech
out on their dime.

Maybe the telcos you deal with are willing to take what you say on
faith, but the ones I deal with are about as easy to get to do anything
as getting government workers to do anything.  If it ain't in the book
they don't believe it, and the first rule in their book is that it's
always
the customers equipment that's the problem.

>I haven't seen that anyone's talked about looking at show
>frame-relay pvc
>output.  Perhaps they have you on a new (to you) overloaded
>frame switch,
>and your 0 CIR pvc is having pretty much all of its traffic discarded?

He said he's getting errors on the circuit, that's not a CIR issue.

Ted