[c-nsp] HWIC-WAN 4/TX for 28xx series - each port routed?

Jochen Kaiser Jochen.Kaiser at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Sep 28 08:12:53 EDT 2005

Hi,

we are planning to buy several 2801 with a HWIC-WAN card with 4TX
interfaces for our student-lab.

Is the 4xHWIC-WAN interface card capable of using distinct routing
interfaces on each port or is it just a switch with one connection
to a vlan so all the ports have to reside in the same vlan?

Building the intersection of information gained from the data sheet,
the cisco presales engineer and our reseller I get the null set :-(

Can anyone help?
I want 6 routing ports.

tia,
JK
--
Dipl. Inf. Jochen Kaiser, GPG 0x3C93A870, phone +49 9131 85-28681
Network Administration  mailto:jochen.kaiser at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Regionales Rechenzentrum Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg, Germany
http://ipv6.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/~unrz111 private:jnkaiser at gmx.de